The banks across various states will remain closed for 12 days in September 2021 due to different holidays, including the second and fourth Saturdays, and Sundays. The banks across India will remain shut on gazetted holidays with some holidays varying from one state to another.
The RBI has categorised the bank holidays under three brackets – Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act, Holiday under Negotiable Instruments Act and Real-Time Gross Settlement Holiday, and Banks’ Closing of Accounts.
One of the major festivals celebrated across India is Ganesh Chaturthi which starts on September 10. The banks will remain closed on account of the festival in Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur and Panaji. In Panaji and few other cities the banks will remain shut on the second day of Ganesh Chaturthi.
Banks will remain closed in Ranchi on account of Karma Puja on September 17.
In Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram, they will be closed on September 21 for Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day.
Here is the full list of holidays for the month of September 2021
1) September 5 – Sunday
2) September 8 – Tithi of Srimanta Sankardeva – (Guwahati)
3) September 9 – Teej (Haritalika) – (Gangtok)
4) September 10 – Ganesh Chaturthi/Samvatsari (Chaturthi Paksha)/Vinayakar Chathurthi/Varasiddhi Vinayaka Vrata – (Ahmedabad, Belapur, Bengaluru, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji)
5) September 11 – Second Saturday / Ganesh Chaturthi (2nd day) – (Panaji)
6) September 12 – Sunday
7) September 17 – Karma Puja – (Ranchi)
8) September 19 – Sunday
9) September 20 – Indrajatra – (Gangtok)
10) September 21 – Sree Narayana Guru Samadhi Day – (Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram)
11) September 25 – Fourth Saturday
12) September 26 – Sunday
Download Money9 App for the latest updates on Personal Finance.